Finally! The Boston Bruins did exactly what the hardworking staff said they should: turn Rogers Arena into TD Garden. It probably didn’t hurt that Nathan Horton poured some melted Garden ice on Vancouver’s rink before the game started.
Regardless, some ice chips from one of the best games the Boston Bruins have ever played:
• The Bruins submitted as close to a perfect game as you’ll ever see, didn’t they?
• Patrice Bergeron’s big-time performance couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
• Favorite quote (from NBC commentator Keith Jones): “We haven’t seen a rat like Brad Marchand since Ken Linesman, and Linesman wasn’t nearly as talented.”
• Anyone else think Dennis Seidenberg was a total hoss throughout the playoffs?
• Is there a more standup guy in the NHL than Tim Thomas? (Plus, love Thomas’s description of his style of goaltending as “battlefly“.)
• Henrik and Daniel Sedin wish they were as tough as Thelma & Louise. (Thanks, Mike Milbury.)
• Classy gesture: The Vancouver crowd cheering local boy Milan Lucic.
• Classic gesture: The Vancouver crowd booing Johnny Boychuk.
• Are You Kidding: WHDH “sports director” Joe Amorosino started virtually every postgame interview with “Are you kiddin’ me?” We stopped counting at 12.
• The Boston Bruins won the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals.
• Are You Kiddin’ Me?