Full disclosure: The hardworking staff only saw the first and last half-hours of Wednesday night’s MSNBC Republican presidential primary slapfight, but a little of this crowd goes a long way.
So . . .
• If you picked “Ronald Reagan” for your drinking game, you were knee-walking by 8:15.
• Rick Perry (R-Madoff Like a Bandit) should buy the Los Angeles Dodgers, since he sidestepped virtually every question he was asked (see especially his climate change cha-cha), except the one about Social Security being a Ponzi scheme, which he jumped right in front of.
• Michele Bachmann (R-Big Hair Country), who lost her campaign team on Monday, lost her mojo on Wednesday.
• Wait – Mitt Romney (R-I’m Not Rick Perry) and Newt Gingrich (R-I’m Not Callista Gingrich) got questions about Ben Bernanke, but Rick “Bernanke Is Treasonous” Perry didn’t? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
• The audience cheered 234 Texas executions? Whiskey Tango etc. (Props to moderator Brian Williams for asking Perry: WTF?)
• Rick Santorum, Jon Huntsman, Herman Cain: Ave atque vale.
• Ron Paul (R-X Factor) is the player to be named later.
P.S. Did MSNBC’s new squawk show mouthpiece Al Sharpton actually refer to Galileo as “Galeo” in the cable net’s endless post-mortem?
MSNBC: Say it isn’t show.