How Now “Pow Wow Chow”?

U.S. Senate wannabe Elizabeth Warren (D-0/32nd Cherokee) gets tuned up by Fox 25’s VB over the “Pow Wow Chow” cookbook that includes five recipes listing her as “Elizabeth Warren – Cherokee”:

Stick a fork in Elizabeth Warren. She’s done.

About these ads

11 Responses to How Now “Pow Wow Chow”?

1. How much is this really affecting her? Since this issue broke, the Herald has been flogging it daily, Howie Carr and Michael Graham have been spending 20 hrs a week on it, you’re posting about it daily, and the polls have not moved an inch.

Is this Warren’s Seamus?

Not to get technical about it, Stephen, but I’ve written about the Cherokee rumpus four times in 18 days – mostly addressing the news coverage (or lack thereof in the Globe). If this affects Warren at all, it will be with blue-collar Dems and independents, and that WILL have an impact at the polls.

2. Paul Rickter says:

I’m with Stephen Stein on this. This is a big nothingburger, now with extra nothing and special nothing sauce. You, the Herald, and the radio nuts can serve this up daily but it’s having as much of an impact as Brown’s vote on the Blunt amendment — that is, not much.

I’ll tell you what I told Stephen, Paul: I’ve written about the Cherokee rumpus four times in 18 days – mostly addressing the news coverage (or lack thereof in the Globe). If this affects Warren at all, it will be with blue-collar Dems and independents, and that WILL have an impact at the polls.

3. Bob Gardner says:

As an independent I have to agree with John–nothing affects my vote like reading about a cookbook where the pedigrees of the contributors have not been thoroughly vetted.

4. I’d love to be wrong about it, but I agree with the HWS; this makes her look like a fool in exactly the way that hurts her the most.

Her greatest liability (besides a lack of campaign experience) is the granny glasses/H-bomb prof thing; this Cherokee cookbook silliness plays into that almost too perfectly — and with the demographic that will hurt her the most.

Her campaign is counting on the turnout bump from this being a Presidential election year to put her past Brown, but if this keeps up it won’t be enough – whether the polls show it yet or not.

5. Laurence Glavin says:

I’m bringing out my own cookbook based on my 90% Irish heritage: pop something into the microwave for the amount of time the instructions on the box say, then pop the bottlecap on a bottle of fine beer and drink it either while consuming the meal or after. (I include strict instruction to use a bottle, not a can, and pour the contents into a glass and do not quaff from the bottle).

6. My family’s recipe includes a beer to drink WHILE dinner is in the microwave. A Cork variation, no doubt.

Did I mention that Mrs. Mickey is 1/16th Cherokee? As in, actually. So, she’s Mocahontas than Fauxcahontas.

She was an early donor to Ms. Warren’s campaign, but agrees with the HWS on this.

On the other hand, she also berated Sen. Brown face-to-face in the promenade of the Garden for wearing a red sweater to a Bruins/Habs game, so I guess she’s just generally on the warpath. Thus the beers.

7. None of this matters anyway; the REAL story is our desperate need “to institute a nationwide photo/biometric identification system for every person living in the United States.”

8. Curmudgeon says:

Did the Democrats find Warren after an extensive, nation-wide search?